Friday, November 9, 2012

My New Team


When I heard the news from my manager I was sad. He told me that my team was scrapped. I didn’t know what to do. Luckily, there was a tournament and there were scouts and other coaches.
I ended up getting awarded player of the tournament. Before I was about to leave a man approached me and said he was from Home Farm. He asked me for my parents phone number. A week had gone by since my team got scrapped.
Suddenly I got a call, it was from a manager from Malachys called Steo. He asked me if I wanted to come out and try the team. I said ‘ok’. I knew two of my friends, Tyrek and Leon, had already joined the team . So that was a little comforting. As I stepped onto Malachys pitch in Springdale Road I recognised a few people like Steo Furlong, Dano and Jimbo.
After we had a little training session. A manager named Deafy said I will play my first match next week. Soon that day came when I had to prove my spot on the team. I was nervous and excited. But my nerves paid off . I got man of the match and a hat-trick.

By Conor Darcy

1 comment:

  1. Good work Conor, I always wondered how you ended up playing for St. Malachy's. You recount the story well here.

    ReplyDelete