Friday, November 9, 2012

An Up and Down Day!

Four months ago I went to a new football team out in Edenmore. I had my first match in the AUL. I was playing left back. We tipped off and AB passed the ball to Dano. But Dano lost the ball. They passed it around while. Suddenly they played a through ball. Some player clipped me. I fell and the ball hit my foot and went into my own goal!! I shouted “just a start I need at a new club''. The game ended 11-0. I couldn't believe but that's what happens when you play a team of seventeen year olds from Italy. My manger didn't know there was an age group before the Italian team came over to Dublin.
Afterwards, I went to my ma's boyfriend's house to get something to eat because I had another match an hour later. So I went back to the AUL. We won 2-1 and it was much better –who likes lose 11-0!!

I went home and that night and I went to see 'War Horse'. It was good film and  I got butter popcorn, sweets and ice-cream. When we went back to my house I went to bed. 'What an up and down day' I said to myself before I crashed out!

By Leon Murphy


1 comment:

  1. This is a good example of recount writing Leon and an interesting story. Well done, Leon.

    ReplyDelete