Friday, November 9, 2012

My Halloween


On the 25th of October, my friends and I were getting ready for Halloween. We were out all morning collecting tyres and getting wood. When we got all the tyres and wood we took them back to the dock near where we live.
Later it was getting dark so all of us went into our houses. The next morning Dylan knocked for me and shouted ''hurry all of our stuff is getting taken''. When he told me we both ran around and dragged the tyres from everyone who was taking them. Next of all,  to make up for the tyres we had lost, my friends and I went out looking for more tyres and wood. We all went up to the shop and got five trolleys. Follwing that, we went to a garage and the man in the garage gave us forty tyres.
A few days later it was Halloween. That morning my brother and I got up at 7:30am and went around to the dock. We brought our tyres and pallets from  the hiding place  in the dock. We set to work building the bonfire. soon it was Halloween night.  We had stacked a great bonfire. At eight 0`clock the Bonfire got lit. It was one of the best Bonfires I was ever at.

By John Hutch

2 comments:

  1. ... and I saw you and the boys up in Ballybough that day looking for tyres!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A good, clear piece of recount writing. Keep up he good work John.

    ReplyDelete