Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Can you balance - three ways to find out


Experiment 3. Can you stand against a wall and raise your opposite leg?
I thought it would be easy to stand with your feet apart, with one foot shoulder and head touching the wall and raise your other leg. Dead easy or is it??!!! When you are against the wall you can't move your leg off the wall. One of the lads made sure we didn't move our head, shoulder or foot off the wall. When you try to lift your other leg off the wall you fall. I did it i kept falling off the wall. Because I lifted my leg up too low and my centre of gravity was not over my two feet! Very hard unless you have incredible balance!
By Taylor M.

1 comment:

  1. I'm really enjoying reading all these Science experiments. I even tried the balancing here at home with my kids. It was good craic. Keep up the good work, I'm looking forward to seeing what comes next.

    ReplyDelete