Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Our Pulse and Heartbeat



Last week in school we learned about active pulse, resting pulse and the heart! It was great! First we took our pulse sitting down, on our wrist or neck or behind the knee, with two fingers. Then we ran on the spot for 1 min and my active pulse was going very fast! My resting pulse was 44 beats per second and my active pulse was 105. I felt great but my legs were sleepy!
We learnt about the heart, and the way system of blood vessels, arteries, veins and capillaries is over 60,000 miles long! That’s long enough to go around the world more than twice! And the adult pumps about 5 quarters of blood each minute-approximately 2,000 gallons of blood each day-throughout the body. You can see us in the photos taking our resting pulse, then exercising and counting our active pulse after!
By Jake


No comments:

Post a Comment